IEEE SECON 2014 CALL FOR PAPERS
The eleventh annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to exchange innovative research ideas, recent results, and share experiences among researchers and practitioners in the field of sensing and communication in wireless networks. The focus of SECON is novel communication technologies and emerging applications and services, involving mobile sensing and communication, cyber-physical systems, and ubiquitous and pervasive computing.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Papers describing original, previously unpublished research work, experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and commercial developments in all aspects of sensor and wireless communications and networking are solicited. Within this domain, particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Software Defined Networking for mobile and wireless networks
- Network coding, MIMO, compressed sensing
- White space, cooperative and cognitive communications
- Novel smartphone-based sensing systems, tools, applications and experiences
- Novel applications: cyber-physical systems, Internet of Things, distributed mobile computing
- New technologies, e.g. UWB, RFID, NFC, visible light & underwater communications
- Low power and energy limited sensing and communications, including energy-harvesting
- Cellular communications and data networks
- Mesh, ad-hoc, vehicular, and disruption tolerant networks
- Measurement of wireless and sensor systems, and novel experimental testbeds
- Security, privacy, and trustworthiness of mobile, wireless and sensor systems
- Survivability, network management, and fault tolerance
- Modeling, algorithms, and performance evaluation
- MAC, network, transport, application protocols and cross-layer design
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor currently under review by another conference or journal. All papers for IEEE SECON 2014 must be submitted electronically via the EDAS system. A direct link to paper submission is as follows: https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=16211. Papers must be no longer than 9 pages and in font size no smaller than 10 points. Additional paper submittal instructions can be found here. Papers that violate the format guidelines will be rejected without review.
To be published in the IEEE SECON 2014 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full (member or non-member) rate. Each paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference unless the TPC Chairs grant permission for a substitute presenter arranged in advance of the event and who is qualified both to present and answer questions. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to three papers. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE SECON 2014 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.
The organizers of IEEE SECON 2014 as well as our attendees expect accepted papers to be presented at the conference. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
IMPORTANT DATESAbstract Registration:
Paper Submission Deadline:
Note: Paper submission deadline is a hard deadline!
Camera Ready: April 15, 2014
Check out Workshops CFPs.